I will post photos of some of the people that graciously posed for me.
This lady, with a farmers stall at the Amasra's Women's Market, agreed to let me take her picture.
I finally coaxed a reserved smile out of her.
After I took her photo and showed it to her, she offered me a taste of some of her fruit.
She must have been satisfied with my efforts.
Some faces of vendors at the market.
After I walked away one of the ladies ran after me to tell me that her son wanted a picture of us together.
When we were in Safranbolu John and Nang ordered a Turkish coffee. The barista's son had lots of time to practice his English with us.
As expected, he loves soccer.
This gentleman was a taxi driver killing time at the coffee shop between fares. He told us he used to work for the American military base for 20 years, hence his good English. His father had also worked there for 30 years. Then the Americans closed their base and now he drives taxis. He treated us to our coffee and water, which was very generous and touching.
Some of his colleagues that were also waiting for fares.
The restaurant owner at the top of a scary mountain road was thrilled to see us as he generally only gets local or Saudi patrons. He patiently waited for us to walk down the long pathway to the entrance of his restaurant to greet us warmly.
Ladies at a tea plantation. The lady in the middle really wanted her picture taken and motioned me over to do it. I am not sure the other lady is as enthralled.
This guy and his mom were picking tea leaves on their tea plantation and they invited me down to show me how it worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment